Monday, January 5, 2009


As I sat in my special writing spot that morning of January 1, I saw the tiny lights I had strung up, shine upon the simple diamond in my wedding ring. Oh how it sparkled, and from such a tiny light. A little bit of light made a hard rock glimmer with life. Well that is how it is with me. I am often a hard rock and I needed just a little bit of light to make me shine through this difficult challenge.
Realizing that shingles are often caused by stress in ones life, I all of a sudden became very aware of the things I talk about to my husband. Like he is the trash can for all my negative woes, the weather, the kids, the bills, the drivers. I saw how I needed to heed what comes out of my mouth. The Good Book says out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
I pray for light in my heart this year, it often gets a little dark down there.

No comments: