Saturday, May 2, 2009

How the Seasons of Life Never Seem to Really Change



Words!
It seems as I enter into the Golden Age, my vocabulary is taking a turn back to Infant Vocabulary. It's not that I am saying to my two month old Granddaughter, "Do you have a booboo?" It's more a conversation of, "Babcia (Polish for Grandmother) is going to do NaPiBoWriWee." The poor child looks at me with the indirect yet inquisitive eyes as if to say, "Sounds good to me, Granny."

The truth be told, as I have become involved with my writing vein, I have had to learn a whole new vocabulary. Like a private world of text for those of us that have a soul for words, there is NaNoWriMo, NaNoEdMo, by this point you have entered a new world and you become Script Frenzied. Once you calm down you turn the corner and there it is, staring you in the face. Thirty days of monthly writing has shrunk itself and turns into seven. It's NaPiBoWriWee.

Allow me to introduce you to "National Picture Book Writing Week." It is an honor for me to share this information and to pass along a website belonging to Paula Yoo, the creator of this week long challenge to write seven picture books in seven days.

http://paulayoo.com/

I also want to thank Tracy Cox for posting this information on my "home within my home", The Institute For Children's Literature, Writers Retreat. http://institutechildrenslit.net/index.php

http://traceymcox.wordpress.com

So, as I walk the fine line of sanity this week, please allow me to keep you up to date on how I am doing. I started last night around 10:30. I was able to plunk out a book of 589 words that seemed to fit my mood for the day. It is now Day 2 and I have much to accomplish before I can sit and be creative. Meanwhile, I will ponder the actions of my next character, Marco. It will be about preparedness taken to the level of obsession. It will be about the change of seasons, kinda the direction this blog should take. It's time to lay aside the Winter Settings.

Please come along with me as we walk through the week of writing.

Zebralynn-Bob.

1 comment:

Just Joany said...

Seasons come and seasons go and as NaNoWriMo leads to NaNoEdMo, then to Script Frenzy and, now to NaPiBoWriWee, it all makes sense to those of us who love the written word. Keep on writing. It's a world to love.