Saturday, May 1, 2010

NaPiBoWriWee


It's May . . . again.
One would think I've been sitting in the grass for the past 358 day. Last I was here that's what I was doing. As a matter of fact my good friend Just Joany once asked me if I had gotten up yet and what was it like sitting in two feet of snow. Well, I have to tell you although I wasn't physically still sitting on the lawn watching spring turn to summer and then to fall, and onward to winter, my gumption for blogging was somewhere in the deep freeze.

There is only one word for my departure from blogology, MOVING. And, that we did. Here I sit in my unfinished living room which still screams for attention. Come with me as I throw open the windows, let in the fresh air and grab a brush and a pot of paint. Let's not forget, the laptop, my pen and pencil, and also my tablet.

Thankfully it's that time of year again. The asparagus is popping their capped green heads through the ground. The robins are pulling 4" worms out of the earth. Spring has once again come to the land of Winter Stories and it is again time for National Picture Book Writing Week. Come along as I venture into a week long journey into the craft of picture book writing.

And please . . . allow me to remind you of Paula Yoo's site. The mastermind behind this madness.

http://paulayoo.com/content/natl-picture-book-writing-week-napibowriwee-2010-may-1-7-2010