Thursday, November 15, 2012

Books, Books and More Books

MerryAnna watched my mother write shopping lists, she watched her father write books. She watched her brother write his homework and her sister write texts.

All MerryAnna could do was scribble. But, she was good at it.

I spent the day on my new project. {Moving books from one side of the room to the other.} Now you have to know that this simple sentence is a three day project. It involves moving books in the barn. Which helps me by freeing up all the black plastic milk crates so I can use them in the house. You know the ones that say it's unlawful to use them in any manner other than their intended purpose. Which of course is "book holding." Next it's building a wall of shelves on my old dining room table that is in the den. Now everything that was on that dining room table is on the new dining room table.

Tomorrow's project will be unburying the dining room table.

I feel like I'm in that old skit with Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street. The one where Ernie keeps transferring things from one thing to another and getting nowhere.

Handling all my books prompted me to think about a scribbler who wants to write them.

No comments: