Tuesday, November 13, 2012

"If you keep making that face it's going to stick like that."

It's day 13. I tried to keep my emotional feelers open for any movement of whimsical childhood delight. . . . . ahhh, I got nothing here.

I took my dog and my new puppy for a walk around the barn. I tried to refresh my mind. I still got nothing. I observed my puppy eating a fresh deposit left by a fellow four leggier. Oh gross. That I wish I hadn't gotten.

Next on the agenda was a trip to the dentist with the youngest of our tribe of six children. At 19 you'd think the child understood the practical uses of dental floss. While I left her for her drilling, I went to the local park and sat on a bench pondering life exposed through out the pages of a PB. Arggg! Still nothing.

Then with a stroke of luck and a brush with blessing I was able to sneak a visit with my 3 year old granddaughter. I watched her look at pictures on her Auntie's iPhone. Her face wriggled and grimaced as she breezed through photos. Then it came to me.

PB number 13 - I'd hear it all the time from my own mother, "If you keep making that face it's going to stick like that."

2 comments:

ColoradoKate said...

*gigglesnort!*

Lynn Anne Bemis said...

I bet you heard that, huh? Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you were a face maker.