Saturday, May 4, 2013

DAY 3 - Birds of a Feather Flock Together

THE DAY THE BIRDS MOVED IN THE HOUSE


One night before the moon took over the sky . . . 


. . . the two pre-feathers planned their escape . . . 



. . .  "Oh my," said the young one. "I don't think this was such a good idea."

So what would do in this situation? Would you look at the little fledglings and wish them the best of nature's blessing on them? Would you bring them in the house and put them in a cage, work to feed them worms, find an eyedropper and give them nourishment?  Would you stay up all night sitting on a lawn chair with a pillow and blanket while holding a flashlight hoping to guard them all night? What would you do?

Actually what I did was speak to them slowly and quietly while I cut the branch they were clasped on. Then I put them in a large dog cage and put them in the garage. I put out water and some food (no not worms). Then the next morning I put their branch back in the lilac tree the plant they were sitting on had grown under and waited . . . soon after I heard the mother bird scolding the little ones for leaving the nest. They reunited. I felt happy.

I LOVE BIRDS, WHEN ASKED WHAT ANIMAL I WOULD LIKE TO BE, I ALWAYS SAY,
"A BIRD."

So what does this have to do with day 3 NaPiBoWriWee you wonder? Actually nothing. While I was out running errands my husband called to tell me we had a bird in the kitchen and luckily the three cats didn't know it. The brave intruder was able to fly out the back door soon after my husband opened it. Well, this got me to thinking I should write a story about a bird who decides it's time to fly the coop. So, that's what I did.

No comments: