Wednesday, May 8, 2013

DAY 7 - YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF THE INTERNET . . . GO BACK.

Do you remember that commercial? It was hysterical. I started to title this, THE END, but it's only the beginning, right? After seven days of writing picture book drafts it's now time to go back, revise, study the market and submit.

My last story is about this guy. He's Kepper, a Bichon Frise.




 If you're interested you can read about him and his other rescue pups on my other blog, www.grove-of-cedars.blogspot.com. What were we thinking?? This guy on the 1:00 position, Kep (who we first called Kramer because he had red on his cheeks like a clown and we didn't want to call him Bozo so we went off Seinfeld) loved me, loved my American Eskimo, Nutzy, he just knew he was supposed to stay. And, he did.




Kep is a replacement for my girl, Belle, our Great Pyrenees. It was tough putting her down. It tore my heart out. This is a picture of her the morning she left us. After refusing the offer of one of these little dogs, a couple months went by and we took in eight.

 
Uncannily!
 


As I rested and read, A BLUE-EYED DAISY by Cynthia Rylant yesterday Kepper was on the bed with me trying desperately to get comfortable to nap and voilĂ , I had PB #7 in the making.

BTW It is a fantastic read.

http://www.cynthiarylant.com/

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/902953.A_Blue_Eyed_Daisy

P.S. the toilet? don't ask.

2 comments:

ColoradoKate said...

But how can we NOT ask about the toilet?

Lynn Anne Bemis said...

Morning laughter is so much fun.

Doesn't everyone have a Bemis toilet in their backyard?