Thursday, May 2, 2013

DAY 1 - BIRTHDAYS

 
 

It's a bird!

It's a plane!
 
no . . .
It's Super Princess Robot Cake!
&
It's NaPiBoWriWee Time!
 
The first day of Paula Yoo's creation of NaPiBoWriWee will always start with the celebration of our daughter, Laura's birthday. It's just a no-brainer. May 1st is celebratory to me.
 
On a birthday occasion, how can you not want to write a Picture Book draft about birthdays, cakes and princess messes. My first day was filled with the excitement of baking cakes and cupcakes. It felt good to dig my hands deep in the brown mucky earthy soil of my mind and pull out the fresh rich ideas of looking at every object as if you were once again 4 years old.
 
So as I head out into the world on Day two, know I'm rooting for each of us to be inspired to write the next big sellers that touch the hearts of children.
 

 
 

http://paulayoo.com/napi/

2 comments:

Lauri Meyers said...

I've never thought of my brain as a dirt filled garden, but I love the metaphor. Of course in NJ my garden is mostly full of rocks. I hope that's not also a good metaphor for my brain :)

Lynn Anne Bemis said...

Well, I think that's where the lyrics from the old song, BEANS IN MY EARS, originated from. "My mommy said not to put beans in my ears Beans in my ears, beans in my ears My mommy said not to put beans in my ears ..."

Yikes, now I've gone and dated myself. Yowzers, PB idea time. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZw7lWd1btQ

Totally silly, life was so different back then. Thanks for stopping by.
Zeebs~~