Monday, November 18, 2013

November 18, 2013

Today I caught up on reading the posts on the website, Picture Book Month.

http://picturebookmonth.com/

Sue Fliess' post caught my attention. She writes for Little Golden Books. http://www.suefliess.com/

They were the first books I can remember as a child. Oh how I longed for them when my mother would roll us up to the check-out counter after grocery shopping. She'd often say "no" and tell us she couldn't afford the .59 book. Life can be so cruel sometime. 
Hum, I'd like to see them try to sell a bunch of iPads at the check out lanes. I bet that wouldn't go over well.
I still have some of the early books from our childhood. Books like, WRONG WAY HOWIE LEARNS TO SLIDE. "Slide, Howie. Slide."

2 comments:

Juliana Lee said...

I'm so sorry you didn't get your Little Golden Books at the checkout. But you must have gotten your love for books somewhere… and I'm happy you did!

Lynn Anne Bemis said...

Thanks Juliana. It's funny how as a mom I would buy my children the toys I never was able to have. Like the Chatty Cathy I bought a few years back.