Tuesday, November 19, 2013

November 19, 2013

Favorites  .  .  .

After a comment by one of my dear cat friends I thought about favorite things as I grew up. One thing was a purple and blue pair of pajamas I just loved. I loved them so much that I wanted to be buried in them.

"What?" my mother said as she recoiled.

I'm not sure what I was thinking. All I knew was I wanted them to be with me forever and ever. Scheesch! What kids don't think. But that's the beauty of it, they don't need to think things through. All I knew was, I am here. Someday I won't be. These pajamas are coming with me when I go.

Sadly I have no idea what happened to those pj's.

I did have a favorite toy, it was a Johnny Appleseed doll. I remember walking around in the kitchen with a kettle on my head.  I loved him so much. I even have one packed in a box somewhere. I bought him on eBay a few years back.



Then there was my favorite game, Tickle Bee.


As I got older it was my Betsy McCall doll, which I still have (even though she only has one leg).

 
What does this have to do with PiBo? Childhood Memories. This is why we write. We wish to create "childhood memories" for children.
 
Today I had a Grandma babysitting day. As I left I heard Anna say to her mother, "Let's play make-believe. Let's pretend we're worms."
 
With that, I was glad it was time for me to go home. No slithering for this old gal. Is there a story there? Undoubtedly.
 
Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Jane Heitman Healy said...

What a lovely thought--making childhood memories for today's children! Some of my favorite childhood memories have to do with books. :)

Lynn Anne Bemis said...

I love memory joggers. I remember bits and pieces and each time I believe I said to myself, "I'm going to remember this moment for ever." Thanks for stopping by, Jane.