Saturday, November 2, 2013

November 2, 2013


 
 
Today is day two of Picture Book Idea Month hosted by Tara Lazar.
 
Today's guest blogger on Tara's site is Sudipta Bardhan-Quallen. I appreciated her thoughts. If I may quote her, "Again, allowing yourself to have incomplete ideas gives you the freedom to pursue many more possibilities." Now that's my kind of math.
 
 
That's really how all of PiBoIdMo goes for me. A thought here, a character there. I had two ideas today but it seemed that they wanted to be in the same book. One idea was just a character. The other idea was a basic plot.
 
Todays character was a small porcelain frog that belonged to my mother. This is the anniversary of her passing. Before I ran off to babysit my two grandchildren I needed to take something of hers with me. The first thing I saw was this guy. He broke off his rock and was sitting on the kitchen windowsill waiting for me to glue him back on. He now becomes the secondary character in my Day 2 story. And thanks to my granddaughter we have a story to tell.


No comments: