Sunday, November 24, 2013

November 24, 2013

 
Winter 2012-2013
 
At a distance the house looks stable, straight, secure. Right? Wrong. It's still standing but on closer inspection we have a house that has up and downs depending on the room you are walking through. For the first few weeks we lived here I felt like I had an inner ear problem. I was dizzy.
 
A portion of the front of the house does not have a basement and the foundation is on ground. That's probably a good thing because, see the two windows on the left, that's my den. The Merlot Room. A lot of my books are against that wall. At least I can be sure the house won't cave in on the north side.
 
Well, today I thought about our crooked little house and came up with a silly story about an old woman who lived in a shoe she had so many children she didn't know what to do. Oh, wait that was already written. Actually is it about an old woman who lived in a crooked little house.
 
This picture was before we put up shelves. We used the leaves from our old dining room table because I busted the legs from the weight of the books and the sloop in the floor. The table was held up with a car jack until I could unload it and revamp the area.
Scheesch!
 
 
That's it for me, sitting in the Merlot Room.
 

No comments: