Tuesday, November 26, 2013

November 26, 2013

After tonight there are two days until Thanksgiving, two nights until Chanukah, four days until PiBoIdMo is over and twenty nine days until Christmas. That leaves us thirty six days until the year is over. I'm glad. I've never gotten used to the look and the feel of the number three in 2013.

Today was one of those days when I wanted to roll up the sidewalks and shut the curtains..................................................................................................Oh sorry, I was falling asleep. As I was saying, it was one of those days where you don't even want anyone to talk to you. I knew I was in trouble when I was telling my Rice Krispies to be quiet. I had come to a place of information saturation. I no longer wanted to read anything, write anything nor know anything. I was ready to build an igloo and hang out until the spring thaw. Just deep freeze me thorough winter.



I was bookin' it. No pun intended. I spent the day without TV, Internet or music.

I read today's post by Renee Kurilla. For me it was very encouraging and timely.

http://taralazar.com/2013/11/26/piboidmo-day-26-renee-kurilla/

She wrote about a fantastic story idea that came to her and it seemed like all the characters and events were spinning into place and then . . . she says, "Once again in my happy little kidlit cloud, this is where my story fades to black."



Man-O-Man, how many times does this happen to me. I get so far and it all goes black. I  r-e-a-l-l-y need to fix that problem. I find the best way to do this is roll up the sidewalks, turn off the TV, tell the Rice Krispies to shut-up and spend time alone in head (or my igloo).



No comments: