Monday, November 4, 2013

November 4, 2013

Mom'sday

My day to do whatever I please without explanation or quilt. Mom'sday has been a part of my life for over 10, 15 years. Heck I don't even remember. Because I raised six children, I needed one day for myself. Even if I did the same things I usually did Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Mom'sday was a mental reprieve.

The day was windy, terribly windy. I watched the snow geese struggle in flight, the horse and pony across the street roll in the dirt and rear in the air and I sat in my cozy house, ate breakfast while I cooked up an idea for Day 4

I decided to pack up my pencil and paper and hit the road. Thanks to the color orange, and the horses I came up with a breezy idea. No, Dorothy, there are no flying monkeys in it.

No comments: